NDG ARTS & CULTURE TABLE
The mission of the Arts and Culture Table is to support, promote, and celebrate arts and culture in NDG. We do this by supporting our members’ projects and initiatives through collaboration, facilitation, training, grant writing, letters of support, and coordination of arts and culture projects throughout the community.
Since its creation in 2015, the Table has successfully mobilized dozens of organizations, groups, and active residents, obtained funding for projects within the community, and organized its own arts and culture projects in NDG.
Current Projects and Collaborations
Past Projects and Collaborations
The Table is composed of more than 25 members including residents, neighbourhood groups, and organizations who work in a variety of different areas related to arts and culture. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Arts and Cultural Table, please contact Michelle Caron-Pawlowsky.
Our current members include:
- Art Hop
- Arts Walk
- Arts Week
- The Cheap Art Collective
- Espace Knox
- Montreal West-End Operatic Society
- NDG Art Hive
- NDG Atelier d’histoire
- NDG Off the Wall
- Prevention CDN NDG
- Productions Alma Viva
- Rep NDG 375
- Sherbrooke Forest Art Hive
- St-Raymond’s Action Group
- This Really Happened
- Walkley Center
- Fondation du Grand Montréal
- Table 0-5 Ans Cavendish
- TD Bank
- City of Montreal Programme Art Murale
- Cultural Mediation Ville de Montreal
- Arondissement Cote des Neiges Notre Dame de Grace
- La Ruche J’achete NDG
- BIZ NDG
- Caisse Desjardins
- MTL 375
The Arts & Culture Table supported a variety of resident-led projects in their bid for funding for Montréal’s 375th and Canada’s 150th celebrations in 2017. This process demonstrated the depth of NDGs vibrant and creative artistic community and helped build the incredibly collaborative culture of the local arts community.
- Collectively submitted numerous grant applications throughout the year, a number of which were successful. In many cases, the Council acted as a fiduciary for these resident-led applications. For a second year, the Council received funding to host Piste CyclArt, a pop-up mobile art initiative that reaches communities that are lacking services.
- Hosted a lively debate with over 35 participants on the impact that Arts & Culture has on a community as part of the Semaine des Arts festival.
- For the third year, partnered with Notre Dame des Arts on the December edition of their First Thursdays series (a platform to highlight local artists) at the NDG Community Council for the celebration of the Lunar New Year
- Partnered with La Semaine des Arts, Eco-Quartier, HHYDS, No Excuse for Single Use and BoomService to create a no waste event guideline.
- Serenades from the porches of NDG
- Successful submission for funding from Médiation Culturelle
- Create KidLink to Music in collaboration with the Saint-Raymond Centre
- Created an ongoing, extensive database of everything related to Arts and Culture in NDG
- Commissioned a new mural in Benny Farm: Flourishing Farm by Boris Biberdžić