Health and social services & Workshops
The needs of residents are various and services in the community cannot always answer them directly. The Council, without noticing it at first, slowly increased the number of residents met individually for support. Some need only help to better understand an official communication, some cannot fill out important forms, and others are lost and do not even know what they need and where to start from.
Our team then goes slow with them to identify the steps needed to regain confidence and put their life on the right track. On many occasions, our team members also accompanied the residents to appointments to reassure them through their journey for a better quality of life.
Activities, Events, Projects
- 53 residents met individually through the year, sometimes more than once, for, meetings lasting between 30 minutes and 2 hours
- 46 applications filled for One time Canada housing benefit
- 3 workshops community services or health and social services related subjects
- Administrative support and referral to partners or official service bodies
- Gathering of needs to allow better response and sharing information with the appropriate institution
- Comprehension of communications sent in French to residents, leading to a relief of stress
- Feeling of being ‘’in control’’ for residents who had diverse issues with governments and institutions from being accompanied in the multiple steps .